Sunday, November 23, 2008

ceramic love

Those of you who know me know that I have a special place in my heart for ceramics. Here's a collection of things that have caught my eye of late.

These very intricate tiles and bowls from Heather Knight of Element Clay Studio. I love her pear ceramics as well. Heather is from Asheville, NC. Her shop is here and she also blogs here.




Esther Coombs from London hunts for ceramics at flea markets and then gives them a new life. She hand draws images into these old, discarded things and brings them back to life. I always love a great mix of the old and the new.



These old milk bottle replica from Alyssa Ettinger of Brooklyn are so nostalgic. Her shop is wonderful. I also really love this Porcelain Knitwear bowl.



Of course, a ceramic post from me won't be complete unless I mention my favorite ceramic artists of them all, Diana Fayt. The has a few pin and canteen vases at her shop right now. Every aspect of her work is made personally by hand. Not only is she a very talented ceramicists but I personally think that her drawings are spectacular. Love, love, love.



Oh, Sara Paloma. I am in love with your work. I would describe her pieces as romantic and useful at the same time. I own one of her bottles which I got an at indie show in San Francisco. I can't wait to get more.


No comments: