Tuesday, November 11, 2008

affordable art for you

Sandra Juto is a recent discovery for me but I immediately loved her illustrations and softies. She lives in Sweden. You can buy her prints, wrist warmers (! eep !) and pocket calendars at her store on big cartel.


I am in love with this urchin triptych of little blocks by littleput books. I have a thing for sea urchins so that's a plus. I am in awe about how the sea urchin looks so real, as if it's not a photograph.


The bird trend is played out but there's a reason it became a trend in the first place. This petite bird print by Parisian graphic designer aliette is delightful. Who can resist birds and polka dots? This automne 3 print is also one to consider.


Of course I have to include Emily from the black apple. I have been a fan of her for years now. I was introduced to her by my friend Lenny. I have several black apple prints but I have not been lucky enough to snag an original becuase they sell out so darn fast! This Sylvie print is a new favorite of mine.


I am a romantic so these original pinholes from Heather Smith Jones just captures my heart. It seems like a very precise and labor intensive work has gone into these pieces.

No comments: