Sunday, July 19, 2009

Renegade Craft Fair San Francisco

We had a wonderful sun shiny weekend here in San Francisco. I however, spent my Saturday indoors. Why do you ask? Well I didn't mind it one bit because this weekend, you guessed it, the Renegade Craft Fair came to San Francisco. I have been so flippin' excited about this for months!

Setting up booths early in the morning

Last year I was merely a spectator at the fair. I walked around, took pictures and bought a few items. This year I decided to up the ante a wee bit by volunteering to help 2 of my favorite local artist's, Diana Fayt and Lisa Congdon who shared a booth at the fair.



Diana Fayt's lovely wares

So many of my favorite artists were under one roof, it was the happiest place on earth! Mati Rose, Diana Fayt, Lisa Congdon, Emily Martin, 3 Fish Studios, Sarah Paloma and Small Stump.



In addition, I also did something different for myself, I went around and interviewed a few of the artists that were present.

I discovered so many other talented artists, print makers, jewelers and toy makers like the talented Tugboat Printshop husband and wife team, Sourdough handmade, Tiny Sparks Design and a few more that I will profile in upcoming posts. I literally had to walk around at least 5 or 6 times to take it all in because every time I walked by I kept seeing something new that I missed.

I can't wait to share the interviews with you, please check back soon!

1 comment:

Lenny said...

Great to have you as company at Renegade. I'll help you set up shop next year ! :D