Friday, February 27, 2009

Staycation Day 1, Part 2: The Mission

I've only explored this part of the city recently. We used to live the the Richmond and Mission just seemed too far at that time. Now that we live closer to this funky, vibrant neighborhood I've finally gotten to know and love it.

I emerged from the 24th Street BART station and made my way to Mission Pie. I bought pies from here before to take to parties at friend's houses, and everyone always loves them. I bought a slice for the pear and cranberry pie and a glass of iced tea. If I had room in my stomach, I would've ordered a second slice.


After I left Mission Pie, I wandered down Valencia Street to mosey about the shops there. I stopped at the Curiosity Shoppe to look at the oddities that they have in store.




This is nostalgic, it reminds me of the games we played when I was a wee one.




I love tea cups and candles, this one incorporates both. How creative!




No comments: