Wednesday, August 18, 2010

garden lunchin'

Wow, it's been a while since I've written anything here huh? I'll have baby updates for you (I am due any day now!) but for today's post I want to quickly write about the wonderful Algarden lunch that my friend, Alex, invited me to last week.

Click on the pictures for a bigger view.

The menu and the spread. Everything was yummy, I had to go back for seconds!

Here's the premise, Patricia Algara found a good sized piece of land in Berkeley. The land owner lets her grow fruits and vegetables and she also has a few beehives. A few times a month, she hosts a lunch in the garden, showcasing the bounty that she grows. The lunch crowd then eats the delicious food right there - where the produce is grown. How much more local and fresh can you get? Last week's lunch was on a Friday and the fruits and vegetables were picked the Thursday afternoon before!

A little piece of the garden

Learn more about Patricia and Algarden on her blog, Foodscaping.

Here are a few more pictures of the garden and the food:

Very serene setting. Very cool table as well!


One of the centerpieces. Love the colors!


Tomatoes!

Beehives!

Squash blossoms


Apples

No comments: