Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Staycation Day 3, Part 1: California Academy of Sciences once again

I wanted to visit the academy again because we didn't get into the planetarium the last time. Good thing we decided to buy membership so we can go back anytime we want. I planned to get there early-ish so that I can make sure I get a seat and also to still have time to explore the Richmond afterwards. I also planned to stop by Arizmendi on my way to the Museum to grab their cheese bread. To my disappointment, Arizmendi is closed on Mondays. Bummer! Super bummer! Anyway, I sorta got over it and proceeded to CAS. I got a planetarium pass for 11:30, nice that leaves me time to grab a quick breakfast at the cafe.

Click on the images for a bigger view

The empty cafe with it's red Eames chairs

After eating I still had some time to kill so I went around to see the exhibits. Interestingly, I noticed a lot things that I didn't see the first time around. I ended up snapping a ton of photos again. I'm quite disappointed though that Claude still wasn't around. Will I ever see you Claude? Hope you feel better soon.


Stomach contents of a tiger shark





I am absolutely taken by these dioramas. I just had to post all the pics here.








The planetarium was awesome, I haven't been to one since grade school and it is truly fascinating. I also took the opportunity to see the Bugs 3D movie. That was fun too and I watched it with a bunch of kids!

I spent more time here than I thought I would but I had a blast! All this walking around has gotten be hungry so I'm off to the Richmond.

No comments: