Thursday, December 27, 2007

wrapping up 2007

I have a lot to be thankful for this year :

1. I started this blog
2. I opened my etsy store
3. I sold my first creation to a person that I don't know
4. I started a new job after almost 5 years at the previous one
5. We bought our first home
6. We met our lovely and loving dog, Momo
7. I finally found the creative side of me that I have been looking for for years
8. I conceived (and finished!) my first, and hopefully not last, mural

The list can go on and on.

I am one of those people who write down their resolutions for the upcoming year. I allow myself a maximum of 10, it's a good, accomplish-able number. I print out the list and post it up in my closet so that I am reminded of my goals each and everyday. Here's a few that I care to share:

1. Learn how to silk screen and/or gocco
2. Practice drawing more
3. Visit a new country
4. Be inspired by everyday things
5. Make more and sell more on etsy
6. Take more photos



On a different note, my birthday is coming up in a few days. For some reason, I have this memory of having very sad birthdays for the last few years. I think it's because it always rains on my bday. Even last year, when we celebrated my bday in a different country, it rained there too! So far, there is no rain forecast for this year's shindig so I'm pretty excited about that. I hope I didn't just jinx it! No matter the weather, I vow to have fun, so far we have dinner with friends planned.

Happy New Year to all of you!

No comments: