Sunday, December 23, 2007

the sewing and craft room

It's finished! I am very proud of this accomplishment especially since at the beginning of this year I was very certain that I cannot draw or make any kind of anything for that matter. I have been working on this mural in my head ever since we moved into our new home. The idea lived in my brain for a few months and then it made its way onto my Moleskine sketchbook. A few weeks ago, I finally had the guts to actually make the real thing. I have to say once I started, I just kept going and going. It turned out fabulously, if I may say so myself. I am loving this room, I want to hang out in here all day everyday. Hopefully it wont be the first and only mural that I make, I want there to be lots and lots more to come! Please click on the image for a bigger view. You can see more pictures of the mural on my flickr page.


Drawing and painting



I'm a bit weary of heights but after the mural was done, I was not afraid of that ladder anymore.




The finished product, a perfect backdrop for my new Janome sewing machine.

1 comment:

zoembie said...

This is so fantastic! I love to see people with the courage to dive into something totally new - and then rock it! It's very inspiring - and the finished result is really great.

Congrats on all your hard work!