Saturday, November 29, 2008

Indie Holiday Shopping Series 2008: Studio Style

My husband and I had an impromptu day around the bay area yesterday. We found out the night before that Heath Ceramics is having a sale so we decided to reserve a car through City Car Share and hit the road. While in Sausalito, we decided to head over to Fourth and Clay in Berkeley because I know that they are having a open house and that Sara Paloma will be there.

Here's how the day went, we had reserved the car that morning but both of us overslept. We didnt leave the house till 11:30. We got to Heath Ceramics but unfortunately we missed the 11AM factory tour. I was bummed about this but what can we do? We looked around the store for a while and ended up buying some ramekins, bowls, tumblers and Skinny laMinx tea towels (yay, finally!).

Heath Ceramics Store

Skinny laMinx tea towels

We headed out to Berkeley to go to Fourth and Clay. I made a bee line for Sara Paloma's table and was just in love by what I saw. She had votives, bottles, ornaments and vases galore.

Sara Paloma's wares

Deanna Abney of Circadian Studios was also there showing her jewelery. Fourth and Clay is the studio of Rae Dunn, Crista Asaad, and Josie Jurczenia
. Their holiday open house is going on till December 21st, with a party on December 11th. Stop by to meet the artists and see their work up close.

The work of Rae Dunn

I was happy to see many more studios on Fourth Street. A lot of them were open so we stopped in to check. We were enticed by the wine tasting sign at A Donkey and Goat. We bought a bottle of Three Thirteen 2006 and a candle holder made from wine barrels.



Candle holders

We also stopped by the studios of Sven, Photosynthesis and June Taylor where I bought jar of her Summer Sweet Peach & Rose Geranium Butter. I can't wait to try it.

After all this walking and shopping and wine tasting, we treated ourselves to lunch at Vik's! Yum!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great trip! I'm thrilled to see my tea towels at Heath, and really hope to go and see them in real life one day (a trip to SF... yum!).

Best wishes,
Heather

Stephanie Dodaro said...

I meant to attend but didn't quite make it over. Did I ever mention that Deanna from Circadian Studios is a friend? Small world.